Youtube Commenting : Free Traffic Method
Youtube is the #2 search engine on the planet, and the amount of traffic you can generate from it is astounding – IF you know how to harness its power. There are literally MILLIONS of people who are on Youtube searching for topics like “making money online” or “how to build an email list”.
If you have some relevant content for them in a short video, they will appreciate it, and likely click the link in your video description to check out what you’re offering. You can crank out several videos about popular topics in just a day or two, and then you can get TONS of mileage out of them for
months and months to come! Do the work ONCE and get paid on your efforts for YEARS!
How To Create An Youtube Video
Need help creating a compelling video? You can create high quality, helpful videos totally for free. It does require that you be willing to research important/popular internet marketing topics and record yourself reading to them the information you discovered, which will help answer their question (audio only, not recording yourself on a webcam). You’ll just be packaging the solution they’re seeking into a slideshow presentation of the content you discovered when doing your research.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Screen Recording software – There are many free options for this. You’ll need a microphone plugged in if its not pre-built into your computer. A basic webcam will suffice for this.
2. Slideshow Creator – The free OpenOffice suite has a program called Impress that will allow you to create great slideshow presentations quickly and easily (for Windows and Mac). If you need tutorials on getting started, just search Youtube for “openoffice impress tutorial”.
Now take the information that you researched and compile it into a slideshow. Feel free to use images in some of the slides to give it some added visual appeal. Once you’ve added a dozen or two slides, give it a test run to see how long it is when you read through it at the pace that you plan on in the final recording.
The recommended length for a video is between 2-5 minutes long. It’s ok to go longer than this if needed though. As long as you’re providing good content, the viewers won’t mind watching it all. They’re mostly there to learn anyways.
3. Make the recording – Once you’ve finished your slides, its time to make the final recording. Try and show some enthusiasm and confidence when recording your presentation, and always have the viewers best interest in mind. If you convey some kind of conviction about the topic and express your desire to help the viewer, your message will be much more widely accepted.
And don’t worry if you’re new to all this, it will become much easier for you once you’ve done it a few times.
4. Upload & SEO – Now just simply upload your finished video to Youtube, and use proper on-page SEO tactics in order to create an ongoing flow of new viewers. Use these guideline to help with this step:Title – The Title is basically your sales headline for your content, and is the only thing people can use when deciding whether or not to click on YOUR video or someone else’s.
How To Promote An Youtube Video
Make sure that it addresses a topic of major concern or interest to a lot of people. Also, I’ve found that including the current year in the title can improve click throughs, as people usually prefer viewing the freshest, most up-to-date content. Something like “Quick Tips on How To Build an Email List in 2012” or “Email Marketing Mistakes To Avoid in 2012 – Are YOU Making These Mistakes??”. Titles like this will certainly help increase the clicks to your videos.
Description – The Description should always include a compelling call to action with a link to your landing page. Simple enough. Tags – Include any relevant tags here, as they are the same as keywords on websites. These help the search engines to determine what the video content is all about.
Youtube Commenting For Promoting
5. Promoting on Youtube – Now is where you’re going to start sending targeted traffic to your video, which will then send traffic to your landing page. The easiest way to do this is through piggy-backing on videos that ALREADY have tons of views and are already popular.
We’re going to accomplish this through some simple Youtube commenting on high-traffic videos. Here’s how:
Just do a search in Youtube for whatever your video topic is about. You’ll immediately be given hundreds of videos that each have thousands of views. Now, just go to each video and add a comment about the video that includes the video ID of YOUR video.
Here’s an example:
Hey this was a pretty helpful video, thanks for sharing. Also, anyone wanting to learn more about _________________, just check out this vid : your link.
Since you can’t post the full URL to the video, this is the way to get around that. People know what it is (for the most part), and out of curiosity will promptly copy and paste it after the “youtube.com/” in their browser address bar, and go right to your video.
6. Set Daily Posting Goals – This is another method where quantity is more important than quality. Just getting your comments out there in as many places as possible will be enough to generate some nice traffic for you. So, choose a number, whether it’s 20 comments or 100 comments, and stick with it consistently – you WILL see results!
Youtube Commenting Tips
Tip: I’ll share with you a little “greyhat” trick for maximizing this method and creating some good long-term traffic from this. Head on over to SocialHowl.com and check out their Youtube services. For a small investment, you can send Youtube views, comments, subscribers, likes and favorites. You see where I’m going with this?? Here’s a few ideas to get your creativity going:
>>> Send “Likes” to the comments you leave on other people’s high-traffic videos. This will cause them to become “stickied” at the TOP of the comments! That means your comment will automatically be seen more than any other comment. It can stay there for months or even years at a time also!
>>> Send video views, likes or favorites to YOUR videos. This will do two important things.
First, it will create more immediate interest from the viewers. Since people are naturally more interested in things that lots of other people are also interested in, they will be more inclined to watch your whole video, and click on your link.
It will also cause your videos to become ranked higher in both the Youtube and Google search results.